Friday, August 8, 2014

Exciting First Week!!

What a wonderful week it has been.  What an exciting time it has been, as we get back in the swing of things.  I am so impressed with each student this week.  Everyone has been well behaved and have been excited about school.  Our teachers and students are AWESOME!!!!

I would like to share some of the new things that will be happening in the elementary this year.  We have a new STEM Lab in the elementary.  This stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.  This lab will allow the students to use hands on activities and use critical thinking skills.  I am very excited about this wonderful opportunity for our students.

I have also set aside a time each nine weeks for the students to spend 30 minutes with me.  This time is called TWP or Time With Principal.  I met with the 1st-4th grade today and we worked on meeting and greeting one another.  I had two at a time come to the front of the class and say their name and then the class would say hello _________.  I would ask the students two more questions and then I would quiz the group to see if they remembered what was said by their classmate.  The best part was they got to wear a funny hat!!

We also discussed a PrayerBox.  Ask your kids about our PrayerBox that will be outside of the office.

Our first Fundraiser kicks off today.  You will be seeing a packet that was sent home today in their backpacks.  Please go out and sell Magazines, Citi Saver, and Smartcards and help our school raise money.  One of the prizes are pictured below and I have no idea who this person is! Haha!

Thank you for a very successful week!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment